Construction Industry Licensing Board
Licensee Continuing Education Requirements
Biennial License Renewal Fee
Certified Contractor = $209 *
Registered Contractor = $209 *
Qualified Business = $59 *
* Includes $5 Unlicensed Activity fee and a fee of $4 which must be transferred to the Department of Community Affairs to fund projects relating to the building construction industry or continuing education programs offered to persons engaged in the building construction industry in Florida.
Continuing Education Requirement
14 hours board-approved continuing education is required each biennium prior to the renewal period for both certified and registered contractors including:
- At least 1 hour must deal with workplace safety
- 1 hour on the subject of worker's compensation
- 1 hour on the subject of business practices
- 1 hour on the subject of laws and rules
- 1 hour on Florida Building Code advanced modules
A person who holds more than one certificate or registration issued by the board is required to complete the continuing education requirements only once during each biennial certification renewal period and only once during each biennial registration period.
Any course approved for the education requirements for persons certified under Chapter 468, Part XII, Florida Statutes, shall be accepted for continuing education for renewal for persons who are certified under Part XII and who are certified or registered contractors under Chapter 489, Part I, Florida Statutes.